Notice for Tourists who want to extend Tourist Visa
1. Nepal has two places to extend Tourist Visa: at Department of Immigration and Immigration Office, Pokhara. It is good idea to extend your visa anytime earlier whenever convenient.
2. You can apply for tourist visa at online.nepalimmigration.gov.np and get the print out before you come to office to avoid queue at office. Or you can also come to the office and fill the form at Self Service Kiosk we have here or you can apply on your mobile phone and get the submission number in whatever method possible.
3. You have to appear at office in person for visa extension before your visa expires even though you have applied online for visa.
4. You can visit Immigration Office, Pokhara to extend your tourist visa. The office is at Damside, inside Nepal Tourism Board office.
5. You can extend your visa up to 150 days a year.
6. The visa extension fee for 15 days or less is Nepali rupees equivalent to 30$.After that it is 2$ a day. 6.If you come late for visa renewal, you will be charged with additional 3$ a day.
7. You can request for particular visa days extension and pay accordingly.
8.The payment must be done in Nepali rupees.
9. Immigration Office Pokhara accepts application for visa and trekking permit from 10:00 am to 3:00. pm from Sunday to Thursday, and from 10:00 to 1:00 pm on Friday. We are closed on Saturday and any other public holidays.